Sunday, August 9, 2009

Preparing for Samhain

Yup. That's right.

As many of you know, I am usually pretty far ahead when it comes to liturgy. I have been asked (more like told) to prepare the Invocation to Hela, the DotO for the 3CG Samhain rite. Hela, for those of you who do not know, is the Norse Goddess of the Underworld. I must also say that although she has a tendency to be aloof with me, she is absolutely fabulous. I have some things I need to learn and sort out before she and I can work together at length, including trance techniques, but I have plans to do a Wild Hunt this winter with Anna. Hope I survive, haha. No, seriously. I must say that as intimidated as I was when it happened, I feel better about the looming journey since Sleipnir came to see me.

Anyway, today I got a flood of images and adjectives and ideas all at once and just started writing them down. It looks like this is going to work out well, even if it is a bit different (read scarier) than what I had originally planned. Change is usually good in these cases, yes? And scary is ok. It IS Samhain, after all.

No comments: