Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Prayer to The Denizens of the Cosmos

I watched "Good Night Oppy" with Rev. William the other day, and I was utterly inspired. After spending hours combing through photos from the James Webb Telescope, this documentary opened my heart even more to the forces of Order and Chaos that swirl about in space. So many of the images seem to have hands, fingers, faces. I cannot help but feel in my heart that the Divine--a word we use to describe that which is far bigger, more eternal, and yet affecting us here in the middle realm--is tangibly real. During #PrayerADay, I wanted to say a prayer to those beings, far beyond our comprehension and millions of lightyears away, to let them know I see them and know they are there. 

Denizens of the Cosmos,
We seek for you still. 
We sought for you when we charted
the movement of the stars. 
We sought you when we configured watch glasses to allow us to see further into the night sky. 
We sought you with telescopes, satellites, and rockets launched into space,
And we seek you still. 
One thing is certain, 
We seek and will keep seeking,
Because we know in our heart-of-hearts that 
We are not alone. 
 

Photo Credit: NASA James Webb Telescope
Pillars of Creation (NIRCam and MIRI Composite Image)


No comments: