Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Responsibilities of the Grove Bard

I had to tell the Druids in charge of Ostara that I will not be there for the rite. I had mentioned SEVERAL times that I would be attending the Silver Falls rite to support a long time friend in his oath to quit drinking, but apparently, this was not communicated in a way that they understood.

I admit that I feel a little as though I am shirking my duties as Grove Bard. The first quarter bardic event I am supposed to host appears to be "not happening" due to scheduling fail on everyone's part, too. I would like to think that I've done a lot for the Grove in terms of musical arts, but I am afraid that I feel better because I am more involved. I hope that over time, my involvement will encourage others to be more involved so that they, too, can experience the joy that comes from participating in music in ritual space with trust and abandon to your craft. In addition to the toning workshop I've proposed, I'd like to do a class on musical trance.Ah, big plans, little Druid! And no one or no where for them to take place!

When school is out, I am going to host an All Druid music night, complete with workshop, musical lessons, free bardic time and lots of food....

No comments: