Monday, March 28, 2011

Working the Nine Moons

Looking back at the First Moon, it wasn't as bad as I thought. My notes show some good detail, and I am getting into a rhythm of devotional, meditation/trance and habitual offerings.

I purchased a few new items for my altar, and I am looking forward to using them in ritual when the last one arrives.

The main thing I've taken away from this first month is that it's okay to be random. Some days, a simple charm upon rising and a few words of offering to the Kindred are enough. Other days, a full rite of blessings is in order. It doesn't have to be this rigid, unmoving cinderblock in your life, this whole spirituality bit. It should be moveable, flexible, able to breathe with you. The key is to consistently do *something.* That something, though, is totally up to me.  There isn't a right or wrong, and other people's opinions of how I lead my spiritual life are just that--other people's opinions. What I need to focus on is my relationship with the Kindred and work from there.

Not a bad start. I will update after the end of the Third Moon when the vision and trance work begins in full force.

No comments: