Wednesday, November 27, 2019

A Prayer for Courage

“Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” ~Jack Canfield

Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the paralyzer.
Fear holds us back.
Fear darkens our paths.

During this dark time, we light the single flame on our shrine,
Connecting us to all flames,
Reflecting the Fires in the heavens,
Uniting us as one.
We are not alone.

Kindreds, All, I call to you in the face of fear.
I call to Those Who’ve Gone Before to uphold me.
I call to Those Beside Me to stand with me.
I call to Those Above Me to shine upon me.
Kindreds, in solidarity, be with me now.

Aid me, my Gods, in finding within me
The power to lift up mine eyes to meet those of my fear
To weaken its hold on me.
Ancestors, guide me to take back my power
As I wave the banner of my fortitude
Held aloft by the pillar of my inner strength.
Let me be one with my purpose, strengthened in my resolve,
And moved to action despite the chains of my anxiety.
Kindreds, illuminate the way that I may take sure steps
Toward the future I desire.
So be it.

No comments: