Saturday, June 11, 2022

Breath of Inspiration

Since I've been spending so much of my time these past two years of the pandemic doing "boring writing," I haven't been posting about any of the more exciting things I've created. A few months ago, I wrote a new short musical piece to call on inspiration to be with us in the sacred work we are about to embark upon. I have a long-standing relationship with the powers that grant us the gifts of creating words, music, art, liturgy, all of it. In addition to the Earth Mother, I call to Inspiration in every rite and devotional I do, even at work. The Holy Awen, Imbas Forosnai, Inspiration. It fills me in ways I cannot describe well enough to do it justice, bringing me a peace and clarity that allows the words I write to flow forth in ways I could not author otherwise. 

This piece was written on a morning right after my devotional. There was nothing unusual about the devotional itself, but with the incense on my in-breath, the song began to flow. Click on the title below to hear a rough recording I made with my phone.

Before you use this recording in a devotional setting, set yourself an intention to be open to receive. Then, sing out for the Breath of Inspiration to wash over you with a gentle wind of awakening, guiding your mind's eye to new perspectives and deepening your devotion to the Kindreds and the world around you. You may wish to light a candle or incense before preparing yourself to commune with Inspiration.

Breath of Inspiration

Breathe on me, Breath of Inspiration
Fill my mind with visions of the Muses
Make my voice shine forth in silvery phrases
As gifts to those who hear my honeyed words
Holy Awen flow

repeat in plural with more voices

What will you do with Inspiration filling you? Many blessings on your work!

No comments: