Friday, September 26, 2008

All Fall Down and Grove Anniversary. So much has been going on...

...that I am not sure where to start!

Last weekend was the Ninth Annual All Fall Down Festival. This is a free local music festival co-hosted by my husband and some people we know. I played a forty minute set and was encored--twice! It was an excellent day. My autistic son made it all day, with only one trip in the car to help him fall asleep at nap time. My oldest son caught two fish, and my daughter was just the darling-in-pink all day. I made the food: steaks on the grill, potatoes, veggies, mushrooms, corn. Bonfire in the evening, and music, music, music! Excellent performances by all.

Sunday was the Grove Anniversary rite for Three Cranes Grove, ADF. I took my 5-year-old daughter with me. SHe volunteered to do Outdwellers. I love her. I did my first public prayer--I invoked the Shining Ones. It went well. I just used the words I would use at my shrine. The irony in me performing the Shining Ones was not lost on me. This position had me make an offering to the fire. For those of you who don't know, I have had quite a rough go about fire offerings. They make me nervous. But, it was a good rite with very positive omens.

Tuesday, my husband, brother-in-law, friend and I drove to Detroit to see Sigur Ros!!! It was, by far, the best show I have ever seen in my life. That is saying a lot coming from me. I have seen at least a hundred shows, if not more, in my time. (Music is kinda my thing.) From the first note, the performance was full of energy so intense that my eyes watered for the first three songs before I adjusted. I even found myself slipping into trance at one point and had to shake it off as awen rained down...

Wednesday was the first day of school for me. I am officially a college student now! I have five chapters to read by next week, two discussion posts and a math/essay question assignment. (Did I mention something raining earlier? It wasn't homework was it?) Wish me luck, because I am going to need it!

I did my Equinox rite, which I will write up later. I thought it went well, but my offerings were not accepted the first or second try. I was surprised by this because everything seemed to be going well. I'll have to reflect more and see what I can come up with.

All in all, it has been a whirlwind of a week, and I am grateful to have nothing scheduled for this weekend--including work! Two whole days with the family. See you all Monday! :)

No comments: