Friday, September 12, 2008

Be Careful What You Ask For...Yar.

So, studying the myths of the Greeks and whatnot, one cannot help but run into our beloved Eris, Goddess and Guardian and Causer of Chaos.

*ahem*

Yesterday, a friend was discussing with me how terribly chaotic her life has been lately, to which I responded in all my wisdom and vision, "Chaos is good for you. It helps you reorganize and refocus when things around you become mundane. A little Chaos never hurts." (I'm sure you can see where I am going with this...)

Today, my husband woke me up at 6:45 to tell me the van won't start, and the alternator is bad. He missed work because of it. While he was trying to take the alternator out, it began pouring. I am standing outside in the white t-shirt I slept in, with no bra on, holding a wrench that I must not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE let go of.

While we were doing this, my new puppy (adorable, cute, lovable puppy) rolled in what I am hoping is mud. Couldn't get the alternator out, so we go inside. Stops raining. I gave the dog a bath, and he jumped out of the tub and into my lap. Dog gets all excited and jumps up onto the counter, knocking my favorite coffee cup onto the floor--and into a million-billion pieces. Yes, with coffee in it.

I did find a ride to work, but I had to go two hours early and work my friend's shift. :( Kids weren't home from school yet when I left. Work is a mess. There are only five people here to run seven benches (laboratory work). We barely got dinner breaks covered. We had to call someone in to help us catch up. Analyzer went down in Hematology, AND the guy who was supposed to come in at 7 is a no call/no show.

So, here I sit, in the gas lab where our no-call-guy was supposed to be while all of my machines are calibrating--at the same time. I am waiting to run this blood gas. Stat, blood gas. The nurse will be calling any minute to ask me where her results are.

And what can I do about any of this? Absolutely nothing.

*sigh*

Very funny, Eris....

No comments: