Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On Spiritual Growth.

In a lot of ways, I still see myself as a budding young pagan, struggling to find her way through the trees. Then, I have an epiphany that reminds me how far I have truly come.

Something funny happened to me today during my devotional: I understood what the gods were telling me when I pulled my runes. I looked at them together, and I got it. I mean, I understood what they were saying AND what I am to do about it. This is a big deal for me, as I have had many troubles with interpretation over the past several months.

This weekend, I went though my divination journal and re-evaluated all of my omens for the past three months. On the suggestion of a friend, I took my three omens for each day and created a sentence (or two) that encompassed what the Kindred were saying to me. Unfortunately, hindsight showed me just how much of their words went unheeded on my part. There is one day in particular that clearly says: speak to the ancestors, which I, of course, did not.

I did not have to look up the runes I drew today, and of this I am very proud, for today I stopped drawing runes, and I started taking omens...

No comments: