Sunday, February 3, 2019

A Resolution of Sorts for 2019

Greetings, Dear Readers.

I don't typically write straight blog posts, preferring to share completed works with you such as the nine-day Brighid Novena I just shared. I tend to ramble, and out of respect for your time, I want to ensure that when you check-in with an update here that it is worth your while.

I write to you now for the sake of accountability. I have spent the last couple years going in and out of depression, and the thing that has suffered the most is my creativity. I just stopped writing. The Twelve Stages of the Heroes Journey was hard, but it was enough to remind me why I write in the first place.

I write because it helps me feel connected.
I write because it brings me healing.
I write because it leads to creativity in other areas of my life.
Mostly, I write because it is a part of who I am.

In 2019, I have set a goal for myself to write and post something here at least once a month. I would like to post once per week, but I know that may not be realistic with the other elements of my life moving into full swing as the planning meetings start having action items. I can certainly find one thing per month that is worth sharing.

I have been keeping a journal, working through The Woman's Book of Soul by Sue Patton Thoele. This book was a gift from Sassy Viking Mama in 2011, and I am grateful that I have it here now to aid me in breaking my writing silence. Thank you, Ris.

Upcoming topics include more music and the brain as I prepare to present at the 2019 Pagan Fire Seminar with Three Cranes Grove and a deep-dive into some of my musings on virtues which I may be presenting at the Mountain Ancestors Grove Symposium this year.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to seeing what comes in this year of writing.

Blessings,
M

No comments: